Followers

Monday 2 September 2019

I'm Back!

I'm back!


It's been 2½ years (almost) since I last posted something in here, and now that I got early retirement on Friday August 23rd, it's about time to revive my blog. I hope I can still remember how it works in here, LOL. 

A lot has happened during these 2½ years. When I temporarily shut down the blog, I'd been working for 7 months at the school in Vestrup and my collegue (also secretary) had decided to change workplace. I was still new to all the computer systems and everything that I had to learn and I felt very stressed about it. So I decided to concentrate on work and to be the best secretary I could be, while I was there. I already new - and so did my boss, that I'd leave on August 23 2019 - but to her that was far out in the future. 

I really enjoyed working there as both my boss and my collegues were so kind and helpful and made me feel like one of them right from the start. I have learned so much at the school and from my boss and the teachers that I'll be forever grateful.  I'll still drop in for a cup of coffee from time to time during their coffee break to hear news, what's happening etc., and if there are any arrangements open to the public, I'll be there if I can. 

As a farewell gift, I received a Garmin Vivofit4 watch, which will tell me how many steps I take every day, how far I walk, how long I sleep and how deep or light my sleep is etc. etc.. And my weight as well, which is nothing to write home about. I gained a few kilos at the school, as chocolate and cakes were quite often on the table, so I had wished for such a watch as my farewell gift. Hopefully, it will help me loose the weight I gained and maybe a few kilos more. 

I am still trying to figure out how to arrange my days. When do I colour, make cards, knit, crochet, do crosswords, read book etc.. So far I've only figured out that I need to get out walking as soon as I've had breakfast, so my butt don't get glued to the sofa and I keep postponing it throughout the day. And I feel this works perfectly. Last week - my first week with the watch - I walked a little more than 32 kilometres. Well done, Kirsten!! While I walk I listen to sound books - great way to read, but nothing beats having a real book in the hands, and I have a lot of books reserved for my retirement. 
I also got a gift card for feet care - you know your feet get sore, when you've walked a lot, so it's very welcome indeed. It's in another city about an hours drive away, but my boss lives in that city and has promised me a cup of coffee after the treatment. :-)

Well, my very first project to show you is my Guiding Light Kit and Clowder pencil class from August.  It's a great project, and since I got the class on August 15th, I've seen lighthouses everywhere, even on my postal stamps. 


I coloured the image with my Faber Castel Polychromos pencils - my favourite medium for my colouring classes. I can see there's room for improvement on the waves, but colouring is a process where you don't have to be perfect the first time you colour something - it's all a matter of practice and I have all the time in the world now - also to spend time on colouring my marker classes where I use my Copics as favourite medium. I might even go back and redo my basic classes as skin/hair, clothes, animals etc.. 

I hope you can see the image properly or maybe it's a better image on Instagram. You can follow me there : @kipekr. 

Please feel free to leave me a comment, if you like my project, and if you want to see my cards/projects etc. on a regular basis, please join my blog or my Instagram. 

Be happy crafting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment