Followers

Monday 24 February 2020

Competition piece

Hi there!

Having finished my pencil class colouring, I immediately started on the next.

My drawing teacher (Johannah Basford - authour of great colouring books) announced a competition on a free fairy house image from her book "World of Flowers". The image is available from her website, should you care to join in.

Each day I see so many gorgeous colourings in Johannah Basfords Facebook group, and I look and hopefully also lean from the images in there.

Johannah is more about drawing than colouring I think, so I've used some techniques in my image that I've learned from looking at these pictures and of course from my colouring classes in Kit and Clowder as well.


I.e. the background  is actually from a monthly pencil class a few years back, which I thought would be a nice addition to the image. 

It was not easy to do the background an in retrospect, I should have done that before doing the rest of the picture, as particularly the green contaminated the yellow, when I got too close to it. 
I'm also always uncertain about what colours to use for everything in such big pieces with flowers, but I think it's nice and rather simple this one. 

However, I'm really pleased with this colouring ad hope that you like it too. 

Please feel free to leave me a comment if you like my projects and if you'd like to see my cards/projects etc. on a regular basis, please join my blog or my instagram.

Be happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment