Followers

Sunday 20 October 2019

Hi there!

So I have something to tell you before the end of the month after all. I did tell you in my last post that I was forgetful, didn't I?

On Tuesday my new pencil colouring class from Kit and Clowder arrived, I did tell you that much :-).
It's called Festive Fun and the image is from "Lili of the Valley". We have previously used their images for our classes. Well, I might as well reveal to you, that Christmas is getting closer real fast, so this will be my first Christmas project this year - although Halloween hasn't been around yet.

I love this image, don't you? There are sooo many techniques in this class, you can't believe it!


Flooring, sky, tree, presents, walls, photos, the rug, shining lights, baubles, stairway, garland, window and walls and last but not least: FUR.

I need to practice a lot more on the fur, I do love how the puppy turned out though, I'm much more confident on how the fur on a puppy or dog lies than on a cat or a bunny. But they're ok.

As always I've used my favourite pencils: Faber Castell Polychromos.

I was dead set on finishing this class today as tomorrow I'm starting another adventure: Inky Draw School.

What is Inky Draw School, you might ask. Many of you probably know Johanna Basford, author of colouring books like "The secret garden", "Lost Ocean", "Ivy and the Inky Butterfly" and more. She has just published "How to DrawIinkyWonderlands" in which she reveals her secrets (I'm sure she still has some left) on how she draws.

Johanna's determined to share this with those that signed up for her Inky Draw School in september. It's a 10 day - and here's the best part, it's a TOTALLY FREE online drawing course from October 21st - November 1st.. I signed up as I love to colour and what would be more fun than being able to draw the images yourself. I've already made two small images that I've coloured. Maybe I'll show them to you one day :-). I'm sure there's room for improvement.

I'll keep you updated on how this project goes. Meanwhile, please feel free to leave me a comment if you like my project, and if you'd like to see my cards/projects etc. on a regular basis, please join my blog or my Instagram.

Be happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment