Followers

Friday 1 January 2016

Mindful me

Hi there,

As promised on Facebook yesterday I'm going to show you my Mindful Me project.

It is a free Art Therapy class for members of the Kit and Clowder Facebook group which Alyce Keegan kindly gave us on December 24th 2015 as a Christmas present.

To me this is the project that I'm most proud of having completed and my head is spinning with ideas to new Mindful Me projects. All I have to do is write more texts and also find other suitable images, however my no. 2 project will be with the same motive, but you'll see why, when it's done. Only few days ago I told Alyce that Mixed Media is not my thing - now how about that LOL.

I was really hesitant going into this project, because I've never made anything like this before, and had no idea, how to go about it. Alyce was kind enough to give me some pointers and then I threw myself into it. All I knew from the beginning was that my favourite colour - green - should be used. And even though there is a lot of green in it, I think it's well balanced with blue, turquoise and yellow. Don't you?


The image used is "Painter" by Yampuff. It's a gorgeous image and Alyce made a video to follow, how to colour her and you are always free to use your own colour choice.

My picture (yes, it IS a picture) is a 20 x 20 cm canvass, so you can imagine that the image itself is rather big compared to my usual cards, and I think it should be for such a project.

I used my Pergamano inks as background on the canvas and they dried in about ½ hour, so I could move on rather quickly. I wanted to use my Pintura paints (acryllic) - also from Pergamano, but they were much too thin for this, hence the big black flower. So I had to change to some acryllic paint I had from years back, when my youngest niece and nephew visited and I'd bought it for them to use. As you can see on the little blue flower, that was much better, so I coloured over the black flower with blue paint. BUT as you can see in my texts, I now have permission to make mistakes, so that is ok LOL.

I felt there had to be a little bit of glitter on the picture too, so I put on a green glittering die cut butterfly. Oh, and the purpose of the blue and green glittering feathers that she's standing on, are symbols of splashing paint.

Most of the texts are from the class because they suit the purpose of my project.

I hope you like my Mindful Me project. Feel free to leave a message to let me know. Please join my blog if you would like to see my projects on a regular basis.


Be Happy Crafting!

I have entered this one in the following challenges:

1. http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.tw/2016/01/happy-new-year.html - 48
2. 

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I can't wait to do this! WELL DONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous thank you for joining us at the WWODTC we rally appreciate your support
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card design, and wonderful colors, Kirsten! It's beautifully done! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #25.
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your coloring is just amazing! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    WWO DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete