Followers

Monday 21 September 2015

Reminder card for Challenge Girl with a hat


Hi there!

This project for the Scrapbook Stamp Society challenge blog reminder challenge turned out to be a challenge for me too. I’ve used Sherri Ann Baldy’s IMG 663. You can find it by clicking the image no.

When I first saw this image, I immediately got an idea of how to use her. However, that was a big challenge because the background was not transparent, so no matter how I twisted and turned the little lake image, her background would automatically block for some of the plants, and I felt they were necessary for the whole result. Her posture simply called for a “dipping toes in water” image to me.

I had  two ladies spending their time and helping me figure this out (thanks to Karin van Eijk and Linda Williams), but in the end I found out that the Pixlr programme could erase the background (very time consuming), so now it’s done. And I’m pretty satisfied myself with how she turned out.

To me this project is all about summer, warm days and light colours. I really fell in love colouring her.
 

I have used the following Copic markers for the project:

Skin: E13, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20 and E04
Nail: R27
Hair: E43, E11 and E21
Eyes: B18, B14 and B12
Trousers and T-shirt: BG49, BG45, BG01 and BG000
Skirt layer 1: YG63, YG03, YG00 and Y000
Skirt layer 2: Y11
Flowers in hair: YR23, RV55 and RV10
Water: B18, B14 and B12
Rock: C7, C5, C3 and C1
Plants: E18, E15, YG17 and YG03
Coots: YR14 and 100
Butterflies: E43, RV55, V04 and BV13

The coots are cut outs, which I coloured in, and so are all the butterflies. Other than that I put on home made roses in  matching colours as embellishment.
 
I hope you like my project. Feel free to leave a message to let me know.

Be Happy Crafting!
 
I will enter her into these challenges:
6. http://blogfrancaislesbesties.blogspot.ca/2015/09/defi-43-nimporte-quoi.html
7. http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/challenge-9-use-punchdie.html
8. http://artesaniasmyfavorites.blogspot.de/2015/09/challenge-19-alles-geht-mit-my-besties.html                                                                                                                  

17 comments:

  1. Delightful card Kirsten!Thanks for joining us at My Besties International Challenge
    Welcome again and Good Luck!Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at My-Besties french blog!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tout mignon! merci de participer au défi de My Besties en Français

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super sweet card here. Thank you for sharing it with us over My Bestie 3D and More Challenge, and good luck. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card thanks for joining us at besties uk - Carol UK DT Co-ordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kirsten. I love the colours you have used and your coloueing is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at My Besties UK.
    Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! Thank you for sharing with us over at My Besties 3D and More Challenge. Good luck with your entry.
    Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Kirsten, love the background! Thank you for joining us at My Besties International and good luck. Hope to see you again next challenge!
    Hugs, Wendy / DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a very beatiful card Kirsten. I like this one very much!
    Thanks for joining us at the My Besties Dutch Girls Design. Good luck with your entry.

    Greetz Linette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo liebe Kirsten,

    eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Das Motiv hast du wunderschön coloriert.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, wunderschön danke für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card..! love it .Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge.
    good luck. hugs rose xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute card
    Thank you for sharing with us at my besties en francais
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. And the background is perfect.
    Thank you for joining us at my Besties Deutschland
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  15. Preciosa creación !!! Muchas gracias por jugar con nosotras en My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog. Esperamos verte en el próximo reto.
    Lidia DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hermoso Proyecto gracias por participar con nosotros en el reto de My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog.
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us!
    Elis
    My Besties Spanish Challenge Blogspot

    ReplyDelete