Followers

Wednesday 22 October 2014

More witches

Hi there,

I must be related to witches - many might say that's true LOL - because I love painting them and putting everything together on a card. Please bear in mind that I've only made this kind of cards since I started this blog, so I still have lots and lots to learn, but I enjoy it and have fun thinking about what next to do, when assembling my cards.

I have no idea whatsoever, what can sudden trick my imagination. It can be something I read, something in nature, something somebody says or just seing some cards online. Maybe I've been asked to do a card with a special theme for an exhibition and suddenly it's there. I've always had the same feeling regarding my Parchment cards. If you'd like to take a look at them, please visit www.kipekr.dk
I feel very blessed to be able to think creatively.

Now back to what it's all about for the moment - Witches!

This project is a digistamp from MoonFlower Digistamps, that I've really loved painting with my Promarkers. For the first time I felt that I got the movement in the skirt right, you know, mountains - light and valleys - dark. I've used my dies for the leaves above her and also for the crow.

The three pumpkins are - now you're going to laugh - cupcake toppers!! I just removed the toothpick.

When I saw them in the shop I immediately knew they were perfect for card making as well. And they were really cheap too. 25 pcs + 25 cupcake forms for DKK 10,-.

I hope you like her.

 
The next project is the last Halloween project for now. It's a digi stamp from Karleigh Sue Digistamps.

This witch has been entered into two facebook contests. I know I'm not good enough to win, but who knows, it could happen unexpectedly. Everything is possible, they say.

The one contest was all about painting a project in the same colour but in it's nuances, so i chose the Black/grey nuances.

For the other contest I could use the same project, as I applied all bows and her shoes as 3D elements.


I saw somewhere on the internet that Loose eyes had been added to a project, and this is just perfect for the Halloween theme, so I added a few.

The pumpkins are made with punches, and I used the orange paper, I'd had under the project, when I distressed the witch form my last post.

The flames are from a border die - or rather the part you usually throw away. I coloured it with Promarkers: ruby red, heatwave, bright orange and sunflower.

Ghosts and the cob web are stickers. The trick or treat sign I wrote myself.

That's Halloween for now - but I'm not finished yet, I still have a few witches to assemble. Cannot get enough witches, can you?? Will show you, when I've finished them - probably next week.

Have fun crafting.





No comments:

Post a Comment