Followers

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Christmas card no. 4

Hi there,

It's time to show you the next Christmas Card in my "done" file.

To show you that I do have other digis than My Besties, this time my digi is from the Paper Shelter and a lovely one it is. It was perfect for creating a warm and cosy Christmas scenery with my fireplace die.


I used some very, very thin brick paper for the background wall and some Brown cardboard to illustrate the floor.

The fireplace and the flames are distressed. The fireplace to look old and much used and the flames to make the impression of the heat of the logs burning.

The candlesticks are die cut in silver coloured paper and the candles cut off then I made another set in white and cut off the candles for this project. The flames on the candles also got a layer of my yellow pearl pen.

The berries on the wreath are also from a pearl pen.

I know the pleats  of the girls skirt are not perfect, far from it, but I'll get there eventually. Whenever I start on something new, I always aim at getting as good at it, as I possibly can, so I'll be joining a couple of online colouring classes at Kit and Clowder shortly and hope to improve all aspects of my colouring.

I hope you like this project, which I also enjoyed very much to put together.

Please leave a message or join the blog at the top of the page or through Google+.

http://blogfrancaislesbesties.blogspot.ca/2014/12/defi-24-noel.html
http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2014/12/challenge-no1-merry-christmas.html

Be happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Was I love the setting in front of the fireplace, very traditional. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete