Followers

Sunday 11 September 2016

Saturated Canary card

Hi there,

Today I'll show you a card with a Saturated Canary image (Faces 2 from the bundle Faces).

I've chosen to colour this image as a birthday card to my new boss, who's turning 50 in a couple of weeks. I think she's got other things on her mind than reading my blog, so I dare to show it in here before she gets it.

I had hoped to find a sentiment saying something like "A little bird told me...", which I thought would be perfect for the image, but ended up with a fun sentiment instead.



I've distressed the layers (isn't that when the edges are ruffled?). Do I need to do that on the edges of the card as well? I'm new to this, so I'm a bit uncertain of it.

I've coloured the big yellow/orange flower in the corner. Originally it's beige with brownish petal tops.

The  two blue flowers I made two months ago, when I had nothing else to do but relax and make flowers and melt HAMA pearls for their centre. I made a big glas with about 300 flowers in different colours to last me a while I hope.

The leaves are from my bird punch and the swirls are cut off stems from the big flowers twirled around a tooth pick. There's no need to throw the stems away, when they can be used this way.

Please leave me a message if you like my card. and feel free to join my blog if you'd like to see my cards/projects on a regular basis.

Be happy crafting!

2 comments: