Followers

Sunday 3 May 2020

Tropic Paradise

Hi there,

Tropic Paradise - doesn't it sound lovely. To me that means sun all year round, stars in the sky at night, great beaches and clear water to bathe in and then all the colourful birds. However, not all birds are red, green, blue and yellow. Some are white as the below cockatoo and it also has a little touch of yellow beneath the eye and on the feathers on top of it's head, and a tiny touch of blue in the shadow of the body feathers. 

The fan palm was a piece of work. All those long, very thin green leaves, each one in no less than 6 green shades, wow, I never thought it was going to end LOL. I'm so glad that I started with the background, as - and I was right - I thought it was a massive job doing it.  


The bird was so much fun to do. Seeing it come to life and almost hearing it saying "nice job, nice job" in my ears, was great. My sisters and I used to have parakeets in blue, yellow and green, when we were very young, and I could easily see them in my mind, while colouring this cockatoo. 

It's always fun learning to colour new flowers, and the orchids was a new experience for me. I don't think we've done them in class before. I can see myself colouring more of them in the future. 

This was all for now. Stay home and stay safe!

Please feel free to leave me a comment if you like my projects and if you'd like to see my cards/projects etc. on a regular basis, please join my blog or my instagram.

Be happy crafting!
Stay home and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment