Followers

Saturday 26 October 2019

Inky Draw School

Hi there,

The first of two weeks of Inky Draw School has now passed. Gosh! times fly by. I'm learning so much and I'm certain that when next week is over, I will have the confidence to draw in my Inky Wonderland book and then colour it too.

I'm learning so much about drawing from Johanna Basford during the 1 hour per day. I'll show you some of the stuff I've drawn so far in relation to the classes. (I'm also experimenting afterwards, but I'll not show you any of those small pieces yet - that'll come down the road).

So this is my project from day 1. - How to align flowers in a circle. Knowing myself and empty spaces I added the flower in the centre.

.

The day 2 project was more scary as this is a page from the book Inky Wonderlands that we had to fill with more flowers.

I think it's quite obvious what's the book and what's me, but I'm proud of my work and had so much fun drawing it.

Day 3 - Drawing wildflowers.

The first 4 flowers in each row Johanna showed us how to make. So after class I mirrored them just to know how to do them turning the opposite way.

Day 4 - It's all about fish.


All but one of these fish are outlined in the Inky Wonderland book and we had to draw the patterns on them. Can you guess, which one isn't in the book? LOL I just couldn't help myself so did a fun fish.

Day 5 - Swirls and a crest


These are very versatile. The swirls can be used as borders or letterheads and the crest can be used
as an ordinary crest or you can put your personal info into the empty space in the middle.

It's really fun to see how creative the group members are, both how they combine flowers and you can immediately see, if they've invented a new flower or using another flower from somewhere in the book.

The book is certainly worth the money, so if you like drawing and am a bit anxious about doing it, you can learn lots from just looking in it. Johanna certainly hit the head on the nail again this time. This book is a best seller on Amazon US as well as on Amazon UK.

Please feel free to leave me a comment if you like my projects and if you'd like to see my cards/projects etc. on a regular basis, please join my blog or my Instagram.

Be happy crafting!

1 comment: